Monday, September 13, 2010

Stophorst - VERY traditional old Dutch town

Well I just got back from another trip to Holland and I still haven't posted the rest of the photos from the trip last spring. I had to add these photos though. We drove way up to this quaint, old fashioned town that is really Old Holland. It would be comparable to the amish here possibly. They do NOT like having their photos taken and they are  religiously, very strict.






















We were there on a Sunday afternoon. We drove around and stopped when I saw picturesque places...

















Look at the Clog holder....everything was SO neat and clean and organized/ It's one of those towns that make you wonder if National Geographic has ever photographed it and wrote about it.















We wondered where everyone was.....and then church got out and the whole town came walking up the street to their homes. I kept my camera down low and took photos as I was pretending to be looking elsewhere. They were soooo interesting.
















This old frou didn't look too pleased with me.
















Now look at their shoes and the buckles, very Pilgrim -y. And look at the Bible holders in their hands.



























































2 comments:

Nikki said...

cool i like how they still wear the dutch outfits

melanie said...

man.....why didn't we go there?????? darn it.