Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Thanksgiving at the cabin








So with Christmas right around the corner here is how Thanksgiving went...GREAT! Over the meadow and through the woods to grandmother's house we went...uh... Nanny and Poppy's cabin in Blue Ridge GA, that is.....rustic, colorful, cool and crisp...perfect. I just will never try a huge dinner like that up there again. (Anyone ever tried to do a turkey in a dutch oven in a fire pit? The guys love to cook...as long as its outside in man country. It would be one less thing for me! and a firepit  is a magnet for the kids. They love it.) Anyway,I forgot to bring up a few things... Dad spent a couple of hours in town Thanksgiving morning looking for a potatoe masher to buy. By the time he wasted all that time and got back I had figured out that a strong fork works just fine.
We had TWO turkeys..one deep fried and one baked...cuz the guys simply had to have a deep fried one and I simply had to have dripping for gravy.
Robbie cooked breakfast the next morning and made his usual mess. Dad and I took all the kids out for a hike and left the adults to clean up. They were kids free for a while and I didn't have to clean up..win/win.
Enjoy the pics...notice that Nash is Knucklehead from tip to toe.

2 comments:

SHANNA said...

that fire pit turkey is a great idea!!! we should try that. that was a very fun weekend!!

biddles and scootch said...

looks like fun!