Monday, January 7, 2008

Log Cabin holiday in the Tetons

Through the eyes of a child...(Lily Nash)



and Paige Tait

Everyone had a great time at this log cabin that Tyson arranged for us....I however was sick. I guess the cross country road trip, junk food, lack of exercise and time changes weren't good for me. Go figure. Despite feeling lousy, I did enjoy being with everyone. The highlights were: snowmobiling through the woods to the property....the late night games.....dad finally admitted I don't cheat (can't say the same for Tyson not cheating...ahem) ....watching Melissa actually cook and cleanup....watching the grandkids have a blast in the snow ...watching Brooklyn be the fearless leader of all the other grandkids, rehearsing for the New Year's Eve grandkid talent show upstairs every day!!...eating Dad's fab turkey in the new rotisserie, yum....seeing Melanie attempt to hide, with intent to kidnap, baby Ruby as the Nashs packed up to go....watching Nikki clean up the kitchen (as usual)...watching Melanie not clean up (as usual) ....trying to figure out where Mya was getting all the jelly beans she was always eating (under a bunk bed in a room where Trent found a mouse nest!) .... hearing Trent when he found the mice nest....watching Ratatouille about 10 times and never hearing a word of it....seeing the gleaming looks in the kids eyes and frosty faces when they came in from tubing and hearing them tell the stories of their great adventures...and just watching everyone have a good time together, that was heaven for me.

Oh...since Melissa was kind enough to include the "funny" photo of me in her blog about the "cute" prank she played on me, I took special pains to edit out the disfiguring scars that she has on her face on the photo I included of her...I also edited out the under eye bags and zits and lazy eye...wasn't that nice of me? I think I did an amazing job. She looks almost normal.

5 comments:

biddles and scootch said...

your a poor sport.....LOL. Thanks for the touch up on my flawless young 30 something face.

Lorna Kyle Boot said...

no prob! any time

SHANNA said...

sounds like a blast, but you failed to mention how disappointing it was that your favorite son and daughter-in-law and there five children weren't able to make it and how much more fun it would have been if we were there. maybe next time!!!!

Lorna Kyle Boot said...

I do wish you guys could have been there but then someone would have been sleepin in the snow...no room in the inn.

Nikki said...

well told mom well told!