
We went trecking down the winding streets of Brugges looking for a cathedral that housed an original Michelangelo statue.
While in the church I listened to a group of African women, touring, who spontaneously broke out into an awe -inspiring hymn. I wish I had had a tape recorder.

Here is the Madonna statue - a little blurry though.

So here is the nunnery...

This convent was so pastoral and peaceful it made me want to live here...

maybe cuz my favorite handmade chocolate store was right across the street. So where are all the nuns?
Oh wait here's a nun now

and she lives right here on "Holy Ghost street"

This charming fellow's job is to keep evil sprits away.

Now its back to Holland for the last few days.
4 comments:
the street name is Dutch for Holy Ghost.
That gargoyle looks so animated. He looks like he's rolling his eyes at everyone..."Oh great! Another tourist taking my picture." Too funny.
i have one word...beautiful!
The traveling pains were worth it , right Lorna!!
Post a Comment