Another Shabby Chic photo. Cream and pale aqua blue is just the ultimate in relaxing coloring to me. It feels airy, fresh and clean, tranquil.Who has a spot of their very own...to read, to write, to do nothing at all? I think all women need it but few create it for themselves. I have tended to create little spots around my home for solitude; probably because I was alone so much as a kid. I got used to it.
Virginia Wolfe once wrote a book called "a Place of One's Own" I've never read it, but I loved the title. I LOVE to be surrounded by family, kids, grandkids and all their friends, but then there are times.....
1 comment:
I am depressed! I ADORE all the whites and creams and airy feelings of rooms! When all my southern friends who worship color would make fun of me for my lack of it, I didn't care! I will miss it!!
Post a Comment